- In 1944, NSF International was founded from the University of Michigan’s School of Public Health as the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) to standardize sanitation and food safety requirements. Organization is having headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan and it maintains ofﬁces and labs in 28 countries.
- NSF International has a professional staff of engineers, microbiologists, toxicologists, chemists, public health experts and certification specialists in locations worldwide.
- They work closely with government agencies, including the Food and Drug Administration, the Department of Agriculture and many others. NSF does ongoing work establishes minimum food protection and sanitation requirements for the materials, design, construction and performance of food handling and processing equipment.
Different Commercial Products which can be covered under NSF Programs
Ice Machines, Refrigerators, Storage Freezers, Dispensing Freezers, Powered Hot Food Holding and Transport Equipment, Mobile Food Carts, Water Heaters, Hot Water Supply Boilers and Heat Recovery Equipment, Commercial Powered Food Preparation Equipment, Refuse Processors and Processing Systems, Manual Food and Beverage Dispensing Equipment, Commercial Bulk Milk Dispensing Equipment, Vending Machines For Food and Beverages, Thermoplastic Refuse Containers, Air Curtains for Entranceways in Food and Food Service Establishments and many more.
Let’s have a look on NSF Marking System for Food Equipment Zone.
NSF/ANSI 51: Food Equipment Materials – this standard established minimum public health and sanitation requirements for materials and ﬁnishes used in the manufacturer of commercial food service equipment (such as boilers, beverage dispensers, cutting boards and stock pots) and its components (such as tubing, sealants, gaskets and ﬂexible conduit). If a device is not made of materials allowed in NSF/ANSI 51, they are not part of a legally based food system.
There are few mandatory requirements of NSF -51 as mentioned as below:
- Food zone materials shall be manufactured from or composed of substances that may not reasonably be expected to result, directly or indirectly, in their becoming a component of food, or otherwise affecting the characteristics of food, including the imparting of a color, taste, or odor to food.
- Food zone materials shall not contain lead, arsenic, cadmium, or mercury as intentional ingredients, except where brass and bronze are specifically permitted for use under 7.3.2.
- Coatings containing lead as an intentional ingredient shall not be used on food equipment surfaces, including splash zones and nonfood zones. Coatings with an unintentional lead content (lead impurity) greater than 0.06% shall not be used.
- If you are working in these industries, extra attention should be paid to meeting food safety standards.
Importance of Food Safety
A little bit of food contamination can create mega health and safety issues. In 2014, one incident with peanut and almond butter impacted a dozen retailers and created a recall which spread across the United States, Canada, Hong Kong, United Arab Emirates and Dominican Republic. Economic impact certainly swelled into the millions of dollars. Consumer conﬁdence and the retailer shelf space losses were most likely far more damaging.
How Ami Polymer’s products are unique from other Competitors?
APPL Food Grade products meet all the requirements of the most stringent category for Food Zone Applications which are being manufactured in Clean Room of Class 10000 by using imported high quality Silicone Resin. We online laser inspection devices enhances capability of manufacturing products with complying most critical tolerance standard.
We are 1st Indian Silicone Product manufacturing company to register our products in NSF-51
Furthermore our products are meeting with Global Regulatory Food Safety requirements like
(1) FDA 21 CFR 177.2600
(2) EP 3.1.9
(3) German Bfr XV
(4) France Arrete Du 25.
Furthermore they are tested by USA based world class laboratory TOXIKON CORPORATION for Toxicological analysis.
About – Ami Polymer Pvt. Ltd.
Ami Polymer Pvt. Ltd. is one of the global leaders which offer the highest quality silicone products, superior service and pioneering innovations. Our products & brands are recognized and respected worldwide by customers in multiple markets including Pharma, Biotech, Injectable, Medical & Healthcare, Residential, OEMs, Nuclear Power Plants and Chemical Processing.
We are 1st Indian Silicone Products manufacturing company to lead in following matters:
• Building World Class Clean Room of Class 10000
• Having USFDA DFM 26201 Accreditation on Silicone Products
• Platinum Cured Silicone Tubing Tested for E & L Studies by TOXIKON Lab USA.
• Having NSF-51 mark on Platinum Cured Silicone Products